Five things about me:
- My experiences include: Technical Writer at Tesla Motors and Marvell Semiconductor, Technical Writing adjunct professor at the University of Maryland, Journalist at Asian Fortune magazine, and Writing Instructor at Writopia Lab.
- I have copyedited engineering papers for ten years, and facilitated the publication of more than 80 articles in international journals such as the Journal of Construction Engineering and Management.
- I have two master degrees, an M.F.A. in Creative Writing from the University of Maryland, and an M.S. in Construction Engineering and Management from National Taiwan University.
- My writings in English and Chinese have been published in Bethesda Magazine, Asian Fortune, World Journal, Ink Journal, etc., and been shortlisted for the Glimmer Train Short-Story Award and the David T.K. Wong Writing Fellowship. I write both fiction and non-fiction.
- I am fully bilingual in Mandarin and English. I have worked with Mandarin speakers on English grad school applications, scholarship applications, science papers, etc., for at least ten years.
I enjoy working with people to make a piece of writing as good as it can be, which means clean, clear, uncluttered writing. We want to make it easy for our readers; “That was so easy to understand!” we want them to say.